Policies & Procedures
The First Interstate Center for the Arts wants all our guests (and performers) to feel safe, secure and welcome. For that reason, the theatre has put in place policies and procedures that must be adhered to when attending a performance.
Guest safety and security is a priority at the First Interstate Center for the Arts. Security measures will be in place at all ticketed events. Please read the list of prohibited items and other policies below to ensure that your next visit to the venue goes smoothly.
- Guests are required to walk through metal detectors (or security wanding) upon entry.
- All bags will be checked prior to entry and no large bags or backpacks will be allowed. Please carefully read our clear bag policy.
- Traditional diaper bags will be allowed but will be checked.
- Patrons should arrive one hour prior to all performances to ensure that checks can be completed and the performance can begin on time.
- Entry into venue constitutes consent to search.
- Guests may carry one clear plastic or vinyl bag no larger than 14” x 14” x 6”. One gallon clear plastic zip-top bags or small clutch bags no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″ are also permitted.
- Backpacks and purses larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″ are not permitted. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items or single compartment diaper bags (child must be present).
- Illegal drugs/substances
- Weapons or anything that may be perceived as a weapon (including wallet chains, pocket knives, etc.)
- Outside food & drink
- Laser pointers or noisemakers
- Tobacco products
- Large/oversized bags and backpacks
- Water bottles (any type or material)
- Large signs (with or without sticks)
- Animals that are not service animals
Illegal items will be confiscated. Banned items will need to be returned to the owner’s vehicle prior to entry.
The use of cameras, audio recording devices and video recording devices is prohibited at all performances at the First Interstate Center for the Arts (unless otherwise noted). The use of professional lenses and flash photography is strictly prohibited.
Please enjoy the ‘live’ experience and be respectful of others around you (and the performers). Phones and small cameras, even when permitted, can be distracting to other patrons. District personnel reserve the right to enforce camera/video rules as directed by each performance.
All guests attending a performance at the First Interstate Center for the Arts, including infants or children intending to sit on a parent’s lap, are required to have a ticket (unless otherwise noted).
The First Interstate Center for the Arts does not allow guests to exit and return the venue during a performance, unless otherwise stated by the event or show.
The First Interstate Center for the Arts complies with the Washington Indoor Clean Air Act which prohibits smoking in all public places as well as 25 feet from any entrance, exit, or ventilation intake at a public place.
Reasonable efforts will be made to return lost or found items to the rightful owner. In instances where the rightful owner is not located, items will be disposed of according to Spokane Public Facilities District procedures. Patrons seeking lost items should contact District security offices at (509)-279-7428.
Owners will be required to adhere to all District lost and found procedures to claim lost items.
The First Interstate Center for the Arts wants everyone to have an exceptional and safe theatre experience. These policies and procedures are put in place to help ensure the safety and comfort of all patrons. We thank you for your understanding and compliance. Enjoy the show!